January 18, 2014

Plum Paper Family Planner Review

My main "resolution" for 2014 is organization. I have a confession....I am a 31 year old whose life is completely disorganized. In shambles! I write things on post-its and then end up throwing them away and can't remember what I was supposed to do. I use my phone calendar, but that hasn't backed up a few times and left me feeling completely helpless.

I knew that this year would be filled with boys getting busier social lives and I would have TONS of Dr. visits (Thanks a lot Ulcerative Colitis!) so getting my life in order is one of my top priorities. I did quite a bit of research when it came to which planner to buy. I fell in LOVE with this one...
I found the Plum Paper Family Planner on ETSY ($35). Isn't it adorable. Everyone of their cover options are absolutely beautiful. If you see something you like but not a fan of the colors, have no fear, she can change them to what you are looking for. (I added the picture to the cover for $1.00)
It has laminated tabs for the months, a two-page spread for each month and a two-page spread for every week. It also had the cutest little pockets in the back. I paid an extra $2.00 to have 20 note pages added to the back of the book. I feel like I will use this this year for grocery lists, taking notes at the Dr., writing notes when I talk to nurses....
I loved how I could customize my week pages. Plum Paper offers the option to customize with 7 different sections. I only used 5: one for each member of our family and one for our meal plan. I will probably use one of the blank sections for miscellaneous/Pete our dog and one for planning my work-outs (that is resolution #2...get in shape girl!).
I also bought some super fun pens because, well, I love buying office supplies! I mean, you kinda have to have new pens when you get a new planner. Right? I got the Paper Mate Flair pens...I got this 5 pack of pens from Target for $4.99.
This fun little adhesive pen holder came from Office Max. I believe it was $2.00. I won't keep a pen in at all times, only when I am heading to an appointment and know I will need one. Yay for accessories!

So there you have it. I am absolutely in love with this beautiful planner. Here's to better organization in 2014!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, mine will be shipped soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE buying office supplies and anything that helps with organization. This is my kind of project all the way around right down to the colored pens! Looks like a great planner!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon, I found your site via Pinterest. I just ordered my Plum Paper Planner. I was curious how yours has held up for this year. Do you still use it? Did it solve your organization issues?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I absolutely lobe. I still use it and it has held up great. Nothing more than normal wear. The coil and cover still look new. I cannot say enough good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lobe should be love. Good grief...auto correct

      Delete