January 1, 2014

2013-A Year in Review

2013 has come and gone. It was a year filled with ups and downs. Here is a look back at what our family has been up to in 2013. 

January:
Jason got some time to practice on his smoker that he got for Christmas. What's not to love about his smoker...smoked meat and I didn't have to cook that night! Win, win!

February:
 We celebrated Valentine's Day. The boys got treats from Mommy and Daddy at school. 

March:
Had my first colonoscopy, which meant I had my first colonoscopy prep. Gag! The results were not the best...moderate to severe ulcerative colitis. It has been a roller coaster of a year with new meds, diets, and overall terrible health.
 We also celebrated Easter with our annual Easter egg hunt for money. I was the big winner this year!

April:
We went on a girl's (and little boys...) trip to NW Arkansas to cheer my sister on in her marathon. We had a great time shopping, eating, and being together.
 Jackson stated playing tee-ball this month. He really loves playing any and all sports. 

May:
 Jackson graduated from Kindergarten. I can't believe that his first year of school is done. 

June:
 We spent some time swimming with family. The boys LOVE swimming. I think they are part fish.
 Jackson went to his first over-night camp. I was able to chaperone with the girls and it was perfect. I was there if he needed me but it was enough distance to feel like he was independent.

July:
 We participated in our 3rd year at the Bartlett Fishing Rodeo...
 ...celebrated 4th of July...
 ...and Jackson's 6th birthday. We had a Duck Dynasty party at Pump It Up. 

August:
 Jackson started 1st grade. Oh my goodness, first grade! How is that possible. 
Both boys were in a Small Fry Tri. This was the first time Hudson got to do a race and he did a great job. They ran a 100 meter dash, rode their bikes and scooters and then ran through a huge sprinkler for the swim portion. They both got medals which was awesome in their book!

September:
 Captain America helped me with the housework. 
 And I turned 31. We celebrated in the best way possible..a bon fire with hot dogs and smores. Yum!

October:
We had to say "goodbye" to one of the best men, my Grandfather, Gaga. He was amazing and I miss him like crazy everyday. It was the hardest thing we went through this year.
 We celebrated Halloween at church with friends. Jackson was a Red Power Ranger and Hudson was Captain America.

November:
 Jackson got to be the star of the week. 
 And Hudson turned 4! 4, seriously. How is this kiddo 4? We had a fun Elf birthday party at our house.

December:
 We had the best Christmas ever. We enjoyed being with friends, family, and each other.
Happy New Year from the Haynes family. We can't wait to see what 2014 brings our way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment