December 31, 2013

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day-2013

For the second year in a row, we spent the night with my parents on Christmas Eve. We eat dinner (this year was tamales, chili, hot dogs, and chips and dip...we are very non-traditional) and then open presents. 
Every 5 minutes, the boys were checking the NORAD app to see where Santa was and how many hours until his ETA!
This year, I decided to make homemade gifts. I painted my Mom's, my sister's and my grandmother's old house. I was really pleased with how they turned out.
 My boys got what they always wanted from my parents...
 ...They got 4 wheelers. 
 I love Jackson's face. That is sheer excitement!
The boys sat on their 4 wheelers for a bit. They couldn't play long though...NORAD said Santa was on his way. They had to be asleep before he could stop. 
 Santa came to see Jackson...
...and Hudson. He brought them most of what they asked for. Jackson asked for a 4 wheeler, a Rainbow Loom, and Pokemon cards. He got all of that (Santa brought him small 4 wheeler action figure because he knew he was getting a real one from Mimi and Buddy.) Hudson asked for a Soda Stream (yes, he really did), and Easy Bake Oven in boy colors, a Seat Pet, and a microphone. He got everything except a Soda Stream. Santa couldn't justify spending $100 on a machine to make soda.
 Christmas morning waiting patiently for Mommy to quit taking pictures so they could see if Santa came.
 "Ah, my Seat Pet."
 "Ah, my Rainbow Loom."
 We ate a massive breakfast. Sausage balls. Pioneer woman cinnamon rolls. Breakfast casserole. Fruit. So. Good!
The boys spent the rest of the morning playing with their 4 wheelers. 

 That afternoon, we went to see Jason's family in Brownsville. The weather was so nice, we had the boys play outside to burn up some energy. There is no energy quite like Christmas energy. It seems to be never ending. We ate dinner and visited and then opened more presents.
These are some spoiled boys. They had quite possibly the "best Christmas EVER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment