May 10, 2013

So, I Married MacGyver!

For a little over a year, we have had something living in our attic. Every night, we would hear what sounded like a herd of cats running from one end of the house to the other. We had our roof replaced and we thought that got rid of our problem. A few months ago, we started hearing things....much BIGGER things! Jason had had enough. My sweet, soft-spoken husband was on a mission.
I didn't realize I was married to MacGyver though! You see, on Wednesday evening, we caught us a raccoon. (<---Imagine me saying that in the thickest hick sounding voice. Man, I'm letting a little of my redneck show!) Jason bought a trap and rigged it with squash covered in peanut butter. Who knew raccoons liked squash and peanut butter...Gag! Last night it was time to let our little critter go...far, far away from our house. We realized we didn't have leather gloves, so WWMD? (What would MacGyver do?) Improvise...
Pot holders! Well, Pot holders, a head lamp, baseball bat and tow straps to be exact! Not really the normal things you would need when dealing with a wild animal. Hey, if MacGyver can detonate a bomb with a paper clip, surely Jason can handle a raccoon with pot holders. Right?
Obviously, it worked. Isn't he cute? Now that we have him trapped, how do we let him out without losing a limb? Tow straps of course...
Hook it up to the trap, put the strap through the back window of your truck, close the window, pull said tow strap and watch your furry critter run off into the woods. (On a side note, I was a little worried about our raccoon last night when it was pouring rain. I hope he found a new attic to live in since he is used to the posh life!) Now, to enjoy a quiet evening in our critter-free home!

No comments:

Post a Comment